QBIN offers financial support to network members who would like to organize public outreach events and projects across the province. This could include (but is not limited to) talks, workshops, exhibitions, or online learning activities, and must be aimed at the general public.
Applicants can request between $500 and $3000, depending on the size of the audience and nature/cost of the event.
Below you will find information about how to apply and what will be required of successful applicants.
All requests should be emailed as a single PDF file to estrid.jakobsen at mcgill.ca and must address the following criteria.
- Define the details of the event or project (title, date, place) and certify that it will take place in Quebec
- State the names and affiliations of the main organizers of the event or project and certify that at least one of them is a member of QBIN
- State the size of the event or project (regional, provincial, national, or international) and the expected number of participants
- State the intended audience and whether the event is targeted at a specific age range or demographic
- State the amount of funding requested from QBIN and provide a complete budget for the event, including other sources of support and risk management (in case of financial loss/profit)
- Describe any specific visibility that will be given to QBIN as an organization (e.g. display of the QBIN logo on a website and/or during the event, social media mentions etc.)
- Describe the potential social impact of the event or project
- Describe the measures that will be taken to mitigate the environmental impact of the event or project
- The exact amount awarded will be determined on a case-by-case basis and may differ from the amount requested
- Funding will be provided in the form of an advance and invoices/receipts must be submitted to QBIN after the conclusion of the event or project
- This event funding program is applicable subject to financial availability
- Funding provided by QBIN cannot be used for the purchase of alcohol
Successful applicants are required to submit a follow-up report to QBIN no later than one month after the event. The follow-up report should include the following:
- A detailed budget including invoices/receipts and evidence that the selection criteria were met
- At least 3 high-quality photos of the event with captions
- A one-page write-up of the event to be posted on the QBIN website
Applications can be submitted at any time and will be evaluated on a rolling basis, but must be received at least one month before the proposed start date of the event.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.